Join Norwich Hackspace - membership signup form
Join our Google group
Norwich has a hackspace - Join us
Norwich Hackspace is a group of people who enjoy making and recreating things, inventing, investigating, collaborating and generally tinkering. Membership is currently a minimum £15 a month.
We work with new technologies such as 3D printing, laser cutting, electronics such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi, robotics and more traditional forms of making as textiles, ceramics, animation, etc.
The Hackspace is funded by membership subs and not reliant on grants or donations. It can scale with needs of the community that funds it. Occasionally we receive funding for specific purposes.
Updated January 2024
Happy New Year!
Potential members and visitors are welcome on Monday evenings 7-9pm at our premises in Muspole Street, Norwich NR3 1DJ. We have limited access for wheelchairs but we will do our best to accommodate any needs. Please email email@example.com in advance if you want to visit.
Click the title for more news about our activities in 2022
on Jan 24, 2023
For background please take a look at the first Speedo post.
So I was all smug after the first post that I had finally found a rock solid solution to the speedo gauge mechanism. However during testing a problem came up and that was with the zero com...
on Sep 05, 2017
This week (I may have forgotten last week's post!) the hackspace was a little quiet but still lots going on, including:
- Birthday cakes for Tim and Ben (Tim's cake was rather excellently cooked by Nicholas)
- Archie, Dan, Ann and Barny tried some SMD soldering, and also tried to convert a toaster oven to do reflow with not much success and a lot of melted components
- Ben showed off his awesome 3DPburner DIY laser engraver
- More testing and development work was done on the ESP8266/Accelerometer project (and a prototype PCB was designed and ordered)
- Lots of chatting on how best to measure laser cutt...